Senior Art Director – Alchemy – Intertek – Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
Senior Art Director – Alchemy – (200000K0)
Who we are and what we do?
Intertek Alchemy provides a complete training, reinforcement, and compliance solution that assures manufacturing workforces have the right knowledge and confidence to perform their job correctly and efficiently. Alchemy partners with companies of all sizes to consistently engage their workforces, effectively building a strong culture of safety and quality. More than 3,000,000 workers at over 50,000 locations use Alchemy’s integrated programs to reduce workplace injuries and drive operational efficiencies.
The Austin American-Statesman has named Alchemy one of Austin’s Top Workplaces seven years in a row. And BuiltIn has named Alchemy one of the top digital companies in Austin for the past three years.What are we looking for?
The Senior Art Director provides overall artistic leadership, direction, and vision for instructional content related to courseware or other content services applying best practices in creative development from the concept stage to completion. They will bring passion and energy to the team and foster a collaborative work environment. The Senior Art Director will review production materials to determine if they conform to standards and specifications. They will assist in recruiting, training, directing and instructing staff members. They will approve and review work developed by staff members and be able to communicate design concepts clearly. The Senior Art Director will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure instructional consistency. They will produce, direct, and act as videographer for live streamed video to ensure the highest quality video experience for end users coordinating with digital media team members to complete large, complex broadcasts. They are a self-starter with experience establishing best practices for design collaboration and managing creative development processes.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Motion Designers, and Illustrators.
- Direct the activities of the crew and talent during location and/or studio-based/live video/audio projects
- Inspire team morale and contribute to the overall work culture
- Review materials from staff members
- Work with Creative Director on design solutions
- Perform certain functions of live broadcast operations, such as master control, live video streaming, and camera operator.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Project Managers to provide budget and work estimations
- Develop visual imagery to convey and communicate instruction
- Work with Instructional Design on the implementation of conceptual ideas
- Develop graphic standards including workflows for image manipulation, graphics creation, color correction, video templates and audio recording
- Responsible for leading the effort in planning and implementing production shoots: shot listing, talent casting calls, talent scheduling, gear rentals, acquiring props, acquiring locations, and determining wardrobes.
- Ensure the final work of team members meets utmost standards
- Additional tasks as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast work environment, under tight deadlines with direct supervision and independently
- Advanced knowledge of the current camera and audio equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of high-definition and high-resolution video equipment and software, image manipulation software, and real-time camera switching.
- Effective and consistent communication with colleagues and vendors
- Commitment to highest production quality on all projects
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Extensive experience in digital, print, and video production
- Strong sense of visual style: strong layout, typography and graphics standards
- Ability to manage and foster the growth of a team of Art Directors, Designers, Motion Designers, and Illustrators
- Adobe Creative Suite, and design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and After Effects.
- Domestic and International travel a possibility
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Job: Arts, Creative Design & Media
Organization: USA67:Alchemy Systems, L.P.
Job Posting: 26.Mar.2020, 9:13:17 AM