Remote YouTube Video Content Creator for Established Edtech Company – FluentU – Austin, TX
Address: Austin, TX
Do you have experience teaching English or learning foreign languages?
Are you looking for a company where remote is built into the company DNA, and not coronavirus-induced?
Do you want to reach and impact millions of people?
Note: we’re also hiring for other positions (https://www.fluentu.com/blog/jobs-at-fluentu/)
This job might be for you if you:
- aren’t shy about recording your voice or going on camera
- have experience vlogging on social media
- like exercising your creativity and trying new things
- like working collaboratively
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- don’t want to do live calls with students or parents
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are uncomfortable with the idea of being recorded or going on camera
- have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- don’t have a real interest or experience in language education.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs, and we’re leveraging that to extend our reach on YouTube.
This is a unique opportunity to have a big impact on our YouTube strategy, which is in the early stages.
You would help us make YouTube videos like the following:
Learn English with Will Smith: The Pursuit of Happyness (https://youtu.be/YF7E1oN_cks)
Learn English with Movies: Office Space (https://youtu.be/bCfhjizghhM)
You would also help us create paid English courses like:
How to Communicate Effectively In English Phone and Video Interviews (https://upenglish.thinkific.com/courses/how-to-communicate-effectively-in-english-phone-and-video-interviews)
As a video creator and educator, you would be responsible for:
- Coming up with great video and curriculum ideas
- Writing high-quality video scripts
- Recording voiceovers
- Being on camera to host videos
- Coordinating with our video editors to bring your videos to life
(If you are a video editor, then please also apply to this position instead (https://www.fluentu.com/blog/job-opportunity-reach-a-big-audience-and-make-a-positive-impact-as-a-video-editor/)
We’re doing a broad range of videos that include:
- series videos, where we go through popular scripts
- teaching vocabulary and grammar with whiteboard animation
- lessons taught by an on-camera teacher.
- and of course we’re open to new formats/ideas.
You would work closely with the founder of FluentU.
If you do a great job and our video content is successful, this has the potential to become a full-time/long-term collaboration.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication.
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- has experience with being on video, or recording your voice.
- has a home setup for audio/video recording.
- is a fast learner who is willing to put in the work to figure it out.
- is comfortable recording your voice and/or going on camera.
- writes and speaks English like a native speaker
- is terrific at written communication.
- has experience teaching or learning English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, or Italian
- is able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (pay is hourly – https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/why-we-have-hourly-pay-and-how-it-works-in-practice). Full-time is even better.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here and fill out the form: https://form.asana.com/?hash=b8bda1497b0dd433bc7c8c2ebeee6542477f7727533078f3ea0f43fde901b265&id=1163256600779361
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
- Fully Remote