Role, Responsibilities, Results, Requirements
Reports to: Senior Publicist
The Publicist’s role is to manage success of client accounts through media strategy, media outreach, media monitoring, and consistent media and client communication. Our goal is to communicate with a client as often as possible with media updates. In addition, based on the monthly retainer for the client, we have an internal goal of how many media opportunities we aim to secure them per week [national,regional, digital, radio, TV, podcasts, etc]
- Client-centric mission – follow the client-centric mission so that we make certain that we are moving towards our long-term outcomes.
- Develop and nurture productive relationships with clients, as well as with editors, reporters, bloggers and influencers with whom you will regularly interact.
- Support sales process and attend/review sales calls with the CEO, also generate leads who convert to clients.
- Write and distribute to media, as indicated by Senior Publicist and CEO, including pitches, press releases, pitch letters, media alerts and memos.
- Plans, conducts and supervises the media/blogger relations tasks including pitching efforts, follow-up contact, reporting, campaign fulfillment, etc.
- Work with our team to develop and implement strategic client plans.
- Conducts media research to create new connections based on what is trending in the news followed by
- Target media outlets filtering through HARO and ProfNet opportunities.
- Securing and scheduling interviews with google calendar invites, monitoring, and following up on media opportunities across all platforms.
- Run monthly client calls with CEO, creating follow up notes and plan of action.
- Monthly and bi-weekly reporting and updates to clients.
- Daily client communication through email, slack, and company software.
- Real time updating of the media opportunity tracker.
- Attend and contribute to daily huddles, targeted interactions, and one-on-ones.
- Weekly manage the client metrics tab where we track the amount of media opportunities we secure which helps build the monthly marketing report by sharing new media wins for the monthly reporting.
- Get clients press each and every week, that is in alignment with their goals and the overall strategy.
- The ultimate goal is to increase awareness and affinity of our clients’ brands.
- Secure expected number of interviews or product features at the appropriate level to the clients contract.
- Clients recognize the value of using Publicity For Good and the impact we have on their business.
- The interviews we commit to are completed effortlessly by our clients and create the desired outcome for them.
- Sales calls are professional and drive closing sales.
- We use the minimum effective dose systems and platforms in order to get the greatest results.
- Excellent time management based on client level.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self accountability & drive.
- Creativity in all aspects of the job from content creation to attacking client pitching.
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills.
- High-level communication skills and responsiveness with team and clients.
- Adaptable to the challenges that will come.
- Team oriented and positive outlook.
- Experience and/or understanding of Public Relations.
- Urgency to complete work, priority minded, and able to handle high pace of work.
- Client focused, remaining cordial with a growth/revenue mindset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Zoom based interview process.
- Public Relations: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible