Individual Giving Associate – The Paramount Theatre – Austin, TX
Company: The Paramount Theatre
Location: Austin, TX
The Paramount Theatre
The Individual Giving Associate will fulfill membership benefits, provide general membership support, and support donor communications. The position is a key member of the individual giving team, reporting directly to the Individual Giving Manager, to support donor ticketing as a main membership benefit, create and support membership communications, and identify giving opportunities through ticketing paths offline and online.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to work a full shift / required work schedule
- Ensure an exceptional donor experience including streamlined pre-sale access, ordering, and seating for shows, providing top quality donor stewardship
- Manage intangible membership benefits, e.g. pre-sale access, member seating, NSCAN messaging for special area access, drink tickets, and other perks as needed
- Work with ADIC to manage regular communications with specific donor segments and help develop targeted content for these segments
- Build individual giving emails when needed
- Identify giving opportunities for non-donors and donors through ticketing paths offline and online
- Help ensure ATA maintains accurate and complete records of donor/patron activity in Tessitura database
- Manage the Film Fan Membership program; including creating communications, engagement via social media campaigns, and creating unique events for membership
- Manage the planning and execution of Patron Appreciation Nights in the summer
- Provide reporting about donor ticketing
- Provide reporting for development revenue to finance
- Provide support for the annual Gala, specifically around tables, tickets and other admissions
- Assist with other annual events as needed, including the advisory council party, Moontower Comedy Festival, pub runs, Patron Appreciation Nights, film parties and other special events
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCEMinimum of two years of experience working in a successful development department. This position requires someone who is comfortable interacting with patrons and donors, able to work independently, detail-oriented, familiar with computers (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel), exceptional written and interpersonal skills, proven ability to prioritize and deliver within a multi-faceted organization, and a demonstrated team player. Experience with Tessitura strongly preferred. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Willing to adjust to a demanding and changing environment where different hats are worn each day and committed to and be enthusiastic about ATA’s mission and programs.
- Microsoft Office Required
- Tessitura Experience Preferred
- Auction/Event Software Preferred
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others
- Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles
- Judgment: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations
- Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions
- Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations
- Customer Service
: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
- Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people
- Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers)
Regular – Normal work hours and days assigned based on a 40+-hour work week.
The Austin Theatre Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Krystal Parsons, Director of Development, at: [email protected] No phone calls.