Graphic Artist – Nexstar Broadcasting – Austin, TX
Company: Nexstar Broadcasting
Address: Austin, TX
The Graphic Artist conceptualizes and creates all online graphics for news, sales, and creative services departments. KXAN-TV has an immediate opportunity for a richly talented graphic artist, skilled in the creation of broadcast news graphics, broadcast and digital marketing materials, and promotional collateral. This vital role requires a multi-tasker able to simultaneously work on day-of-air deliverables for news while also managing a variety of projects, including materials for on air promotion, special projects, sales and marketing. The successful candidate will be a proven artist able to demonstrate a richly varied portfolio of creative accomplishments. This position reports directly to the director of marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to monitor brand consistency across multiple channels and platforms
- Production of day-of-air graphics
- Production of graphics for special stories, investigations and news series
- Production of display ads for clients
- Collaboration with marketing department on design for special report promos and image campaigns
- Troubleshooting Chyron and Newsticker scenes and templates as needed
- 3+ years of experience as a professional graphic artist
- Significant skills with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Reel showcasing materials only of your own making (no collaborations)
- Significant knowledge and experience with Chyron products is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D is preferred.
- Ability to switch back and forth between multiple projects simultaneously and collaborate with multiple departments
- Clear and consistent communication with stakeholders and management regarding project status updates
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Graphic Artist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions on occasion, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.