Freelance Assistant Editor (contract) – Revelator – Austin, TX
Address: Austin, TX
Hiring: Freelance Assistant Editor (contract)
Company: Revelator Productions
Contract Position: On-project basis
Revelator is a creative production company that produces content for every kind of storyteller. From branded content and commercial campaigns to event coverage and feature films, we craft high quality work that illustrates our passion for creating memorable experiences for our clients and their audiences. Our client list includes both ad agency work as well as direct-to-client content.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Video Editor to join our team. This individual will support Editors and Producers in all stages of the Post Production workflow. This will include everything from working on-set as a DIT to QC sessions before final delivery. We need an AE that can fully commit to working in-house for their contracted hours.
An ideal Assistant Editor should be a team player able to prioritize and multitask under tight deadlines. They are flexible, detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas. They must be able to complete tasks autonomously and also follow highly detailed instructions. They should have a strong sense of responsibility and a passion for delivering creative, polished final products. We welcome enthusiasm and eagerness to develop your skill set. We value innovation and new ideas that improve operations of the organization.
- Contract position based on project length, Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
- Ingest raw footage, transcode media to shared storage, and set-up projects according to Editor’s preferences and project requirements within company protocol
- Collaborate with Editors in organizing, assessing and editing incoming footage and providing support in researching, curating, and managing project assets
- Occasional travel to shoots to assist with DIT needs on set
- Prep and conform sequences for delivery to vendors for sound mix and color correction
- Formatting content for final delivery to a variety of platforms
- Post-delivery media management and archiving
- Support communication between Production and Post-Production teams
- General assistance with Post team responsibilities and tasks
Skills / Requirements:
- Must work onsite in our office in beautiful Austin, TX
- Advanced knowledge of Premiere Pro. Proficiency in other Adobe CC applications (Media Encoder, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Basic knowledge of DaVinci Resolve
- Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, and transcoding
- Proficient with Mac OS and office communication tools including Slack, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Must possess fine attention to detail, specifically regarding media management and project management
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized, efficient, and accurate under pressure
- Flexibility to adapt to changing timelines and deliverables
- AE should be comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment; actively participating in the creative process by asking questions, voicing opinions, and accepting feedback
- Displays a creative sensibility towards editorial tasks and problem-solving
- Excited to work within our current brand voice and help us evolve as new opportunities arise
All applicants must provide a URL to a reel or work samples which clearly demonstrates editing abilities (motion graphics is a plus!) We encourage cover letters to hear directly from you. Applications without work samples will not be considered.
Please default to email for all communication, no walk-ins or unsolicited calls. *
Job Type: Contract
- Editing: 1 year (Required)
- Austin, TX 78702 (Required)
- One location