The job of the Film Production Coordinator is to prepare and execute all production needs for the Film Festival.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for requesting and proofing all signage, art, banners and print requests for the Film Festival.
- Create front of house and line queue diagrams for every film venue.
- Aid in creating exhibitor footprints for Virtual Cinema. Create special diagrams as needed and disseminating to necessary parties.
- Coordinate art creation and production of physical Film Award Plaque
- Responsible for creating a list of past/present donors, contacts, and items donated. Reach out to new and old donors, coordinate trade agreements, gather physical award elements, inventory donated items and distribute between award-winners, coordinate shipping of awards to filmmakers.
- Required to track post/pre fest inventory at the warehouse. Replace inventory where needed
- Hire, manage, and arrange payment for PA crew.
- Train members in SXSW policies & procedures and disseminate important information before/during/after the fest. Make schedule/assignments for Production Crew Members during event.
- Coordinate contractor contract agreements
- Order tech production devices for Film
- Enter any and all Special Events into DB, add to run of show, allocate supplies/crew/supervision as needed.
- Work with sales and VR Programmer to build exhibitor list/footprint for the Virtual Cinema exhibition.
- Track Production expenses
- Create and maintain an archive of all past and present PA crew, staff, assistants, and Production interns with contact info, history with SX film production and invite status.
- Schedule various crews, shipment arrivals and supply orders
- Manage records of paid film screeners
- Administer Film Festival trades
On Site Responsibilities
- Provide lighting for all scheduled red carpets, photo ops, greenrooms. Involves coordinating with publicity, banners, coordinating trade with lighting company, receive lights and distribute between venues, assign PA crew, inventory/ship lights and related accessories back to lighting company.
- Responsible for building and striking the Paramount Step & Repeat. Keep in communication with Banners Department during event for quality control/adherence to build and strike schedules for all Film banners.
- Manage the poster gallery. Assist gallery curator with build, maintenance and strike of the gallery.
- Maintain constant communication during event to ensure flow of pertinent information (talent arrivals, safety concerns, schedule changes). Foster a teamwork environment, encourage participation and diffuse negative situations.
- Monitor and assist in establishing a protocol for piracy risk. Work with APD, Planning Department, Film Production Manager, Film Venue Staff Admin and Theater Managers to follow consistent protocol.
- Maintain communication with scheduling peace officer and peace officer lead supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to solve complex problems using creative solutions
- Monitor and track vast amounts of inventory
- Ability to Coordinate and manage multiple types of schedules
- Capable of budgeting and tracking finances
- Extremely organized and comfortable with multitasking.
- Creating long term, meaningful relationships throughout the industry.
- Having good, diverse taste across all SXSW disciplines.
- Working well with all the departments in the company.
This position requires the ability to lift 25-40 pounds regularly during March event. Frequently required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, walking multiple miles a day during the event. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard and computer use. This position requires you to stay upwards of 14 consecutive days away from home.
Direct reports ( if applicable)
Film PA Crew members
Work Location & Schedule
Position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10am – 6pm. Must be available to work additional hours from January – March to include evenings and weekends.