Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo’s cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin’s sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Collaborate s to define and realize the long-term development goals of the studio.
- Directs the development and production of assigned software products.
- Accountable for project schedule, scope, delivery schedules, and product quality.
- Analyzes the production and scheduling impact of creative directions.
- Provides solutions to production and schedule challenges as a result of creative direction from parent company.
- Acts as the liaison and coordinator between departments to meet schedule and production goals.
- Directs and communicates development related tasks to stakeholders.
- Monitors and modifies the product development processes, planning technologies, and resource allocation for the studio.
- Identifies, defines, and resolves any barriers to successful execution of the game vision.
- Lead the project management team in driving project scheduling, resource allocation, prioritization, task tracking and problem solving to achieve results.
- Accountable for meeting product development schedules.
- Manages day-to-day project schedule coordinating activities across diverse disciplines to project completion.
- Assists in developing talent for the product development and project management team.
- Ensures direct reports have appropriate resources to achieve defined objectives.
- Handles performance evaluations, bonus reviews, and any necessary disciplinary plans for direct reports.
- Makes recommendations for promotions of individuals within team.
- Responsible for having 1-1 meetings to understand career goals for individuals in group.
- Coordinates with the development management group to understand evolving needs of the studio.
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Thorough understanding of interactive entertainment methodology and the video game production pipeline.
- Experience leading a team with emphasis collaborating with Senior and Executive level leadership.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of production processes and methodologies.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Broad knowledge across all development disciplines including; production, art, design, engineering, and tools.
- 10+ years’ experience in production for interactive entertainment, including several product cycles in a comparable role.
- Previous experience managing or mentoring development leadership and production staff.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Experience working with outsourcing companies preferred.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.