Assistant Student Event Production Manager-SAC – University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX
Company: University of Texas at Austin
Location: Austin, TX
University of Texas at Austin
Job Posting Title:
Assistant Student Event Production Manager-SAC
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Expected to Continue
UT MAIN CAMPUS
Supporting all aspects of the use of audio/visual and media equipment within the Student Activity Center. Provides university employees, students and faculty with technical assistance, support, advice, as well as policy, procedure and orientation on media equipment capabilities and operations.
- Supports the daily operation of A/V & media equipment including providing day-to-day operation, maintenance and support of presentation facility and hardware.
- Assists in the teaching and coaching of the student staff.
- Remain current in various aspects of A/V & media equipment, usage and maintenance and trained in the emerging technologies in the A/V & media field.
- Deliver, s et up, and operate A/V and/or media equipment for events, and when necessary, provide guidance on the operation of the equipment to students, staff, faculty or community members.
- Assists the Production Manager in diagnosing and resolving problems with equipment.
- T roubleshoot issues, and resolve equipment problems providing first level support to end users in a timely and friendly manner.
- Assists with inventory control of equipment, and assists in researching new equipment.
- Assists with rigging and operation of theatrical lighting.
- Assists with A/V Student and media productions and installation.
- Upon request, assist in the design and integration of multi-media equipment systems for presentation use in a variety of settings.
- Assists in coordinating the activities of the A/V area with other, internal, areas to help ensure a successful event. Internal areas include: Maintenance, Housekeeping, Catering, etc.
- Remain current in various aspects of A/V & media equipment, usage and maintenance and trained in the emerging technologies in the A/V media field.
- Perform job responsibilities in a safe and secure manner, ensuring the safety of students, staff and patrons, while maintaining the security of the Student Activities Center and its equipment, inventory, and occupants.
- Support safety and health programs to ensure a safe work place; and to be in compliance with University policy and government regulations.
Knowledge of relevant electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. Demonstrated ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of faculty, staff, and students. Effective customer service and communication skills.
Use a personal computer for accessing University Systems, emails, inventory controls, printers, etc. to complete necessary paperwork accurately in an timely manner, ensuring an efficient and steady flow of information. Drive a University or personal vehicle for errands or transport.
Bachelor degree with a major in Radio/Television/Film or similar field; or Trade school completion with a concentration in Media, Media Communication or similar field. Technical event production experience in a related field or environment. Experience working with academic and “smart” room media equipment. Experience working and interacting with students or faculty in a professional setting. Demonstrated ability to follow through with tasks and projects on time and to completion, with little supervision. Creative problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to speak Spanish. If interviewed, the applicant will be asked to provide footage or photo examples of their production experience.
This job requires a class “C” operator’s driver’s license. The applicant selected must provide a current three year driving record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, a Texas driver’s license must be obtained within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident.
The schedule for this position will change depending upon events, and the University, academic or building schedules. Overtime will be required as necessary. Fast paced and fun environment.
2:00pm-11:30pm Sunday-Thursday during the long semesters (fall and spring)
** Summer hours will shift to 7:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- If interviewed, the applicant will be asked to provide footage or photo examples of their production experience
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197.