Art Director – Illumio – Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
What We Are About:
Illumio is building an in-house creative agency from the ground up and we’re looking for the best and brightest to help us refresh our brand and deliver world-class marketing creative work. Our product is light-years ahead of the industry we’re displacing, and we’re looking for people to help us build the attention-grabbing perception we need to galvanize around and present to the world. Come be a part of this work today and help us redefine an industry.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Illumio Creative team is seeking a highly experienced, curious, and deeply passionate Art Director to join our growing team. You will collaborate with product, marketing, and creative peers to craft brand development and smart marketing creative, driving both our brand and our business forward.
You’ll be helping ideate campaign themes, delivering mood boards and rough design directions, and then polishing the selected work to an incredible level of excellence in partnership with various stakeholders across the company. The output crosses the integrated spectrum from brand awareness to customer acquisition (and beyond), and will manifest through such work as summit identity, environmental design, and presentation templates to marketing campaigns with digital, print, conference, and video assets and more. We’re a do-it-all shop and we’re raising the bar across the board.
This is a hands-on role and your seniority will help you understand when to spend more time, love, and attention on a project or when cranking it out is ideal. You’ll work with an in-house team reporting to the head of creative, who joined us from Facebook, and spent time at Cisco, Visa, and other startups and agencies. This position requires creative leadership from concept through execution, QA, and continuous iteration, will be expected to interact with the executive staff as well as working alongside and sometimes directing junior staff and production teams.
What You Will Accomplish:
- You’re highly conceptual, can confidently share and sell your ideas, and perceptive enough to know when to encourage others to share theirs. You thrive in an environment that allows you to develop your skills fluidly, with peers that encourage you to experiment. You love to learn a little about everything.
- Conceptualize, design and art direct big, thematic brand expressions, marketing campaigns, and tactical content across all mediums, including mobile, product, film, interactive, OOH, print, events, experiential etc.
- A strong understanding of how art direction, design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product.
- Communicate complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways to a non-technical audience.
- Present ideas in a clear and focused way that builds consensus within the team
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with content, technical, creative, and video team members.
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding.
- Create original, breakthrough work.
- Understand when to use emotionally engaging vs. rational content at stages along the prospect’s buying journey.
- Design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across a wide variety of marketing channels (physical installations, print ads, and web experiences –whatever each project requires to succeed) or hand off work as needed and in collaboration with creative leader.
- Leverage prospect and customer metrics and data insights to inspire creative concepts.
- Champion brand standards and design systems.
What You Will Bring:
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong collaboration and written/verbal communication skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience launching complex integrated campaigns.
- Ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, and creative ideas.
- A demonstrated ability to define, build, and differentiate brands.
- Advanced design skills that cover a wide range of creative executions.
- Expert in design fundamentals (color, typography, hierarchy, balance, scale, etc).
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies and tactics.
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and mediums.
- Ability to work independently, and/or partner with teams of designers.
- Great understanding of the opportunities and limitations of the modern web.
- A positive attitude with an open mindset and desire to continually improve.
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution.
Who We Are
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of breaches inside data center and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency and vulnerability mapping coupled with micro-segmentation that works across any data center, public cloud, or hybrid cloud deployment on bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @Illumio.
Apply to Art Director – Illumio – Austin, TX