Courtroom Animation, located in Redondo Beach California, helps attorneys win multi-million-dollar verdicts and high-profile convictions by creating powerful 3D animations to depict what happened to their clients.
We are currently seeking a versatile and remote 3D Animator/Generalist, with an emphasis on Medical Animations, to join our laid-back, highly-skilled and life-loving team of artists to help us produce technical animations for trial.
Ideally, we’re looking for individuals that work both smart and hard to ensure after an 8-hour day you have tasks completed, projects finished and overall good things to show clients.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Expert ability to hand-key characters that perform actions, including; convey weight of impacts and hits,falls after impacts, being hit by objects such as (bats, machinery, etc..), riding bicycles and other operated vehicles, as well as, medical procedures/surgeries, bone breaks/fractures and skin tearing apart.
- Strong ability to manipulate motion capture data; specifically timing adjustments, hands and arm animation adjustments, knee’s popping and ensuring feet stick to the ground at all times.
- Expert at creating camera motions to convey specific details and actions of the event, while making the overall shot as cinematic as possible.
- Expert at creating extremely realistic vehicle animations and car crashes with an emphasis on weight, timing and secondary motion.
- 3 – 6 years of solid animation/production experience creating Medical Animation, Feature Films, AAA Games or Commercial VFX. Applicants that do not have a demo reel and resume experience that fully conveys the above criteria will not be considered.
- Expert skill level using Maya required.
- Knowledge of Lighting and Rendering Vray is a huge plus.
- Experience reading, and understanding, Surgery Operative reports, and medical terminology a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of After Effects is a huge plus.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver jobs on time is a must.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Vray Light & Render: 3 years (Required)
- Maya: 5 years (Required)
- After Effects: 3 years (Required)
- Motion Capture Animation: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift