Boys & Girls Clubs of America works hard every day to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities all over the world. Our Clubs serve millions of boys and girls, with thousands of Clubs at locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands – and on domestic and international U.S. military bases. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of leadership, belonging and pride.
Under the supervision of the Video Director and Producer, Creative Services, the Video Production Intern will have the opportunity to work within our talented creative team and contribute in the execution and organization of creative video assets and motion graphic development in support of Marketing & Communications strategies.
In this role, your skills will be used to conceptualize, edit shoot and produce a range of promotional video and motion materials and will play a key role in the development of video content files for BGCA.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of video camera and lighting equipment, photo and video file formats, and Adobe Creative software. The Video and Production Intern must be able to manage tasks as assigned, problem solve, and drive projects through to completion.
- Create artistic transitions, motion graphics and/or animated sequences that support the messages of video projects
- Have a working understanding of Adobe After effects, premiere and photoshop to edit and produce videos to highest professional standards
- Assist in producing, directing, shooting, and editing of video, photo, and audio projects as required by field professional specifications and best practices
- Ability to utilize a professional digital asset management system to store and track video data files and content
- Have a working understanding of internal video operating equipment, including Cameras, lenses, lighting equipment, teleprompters
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Attend team and traffic report meetings as necessary.
- Help record interviews and promotional video content
- Set up cameras and lighting for video shoots
- Edit and produce video content using a range of Adobe creative software
- Maintain appropriate naming and archiving of graphics, images, and video files
- Collaborate with photo and video team to track and enter content and data into a professional digital asset
- Management system (Bynder)
- Demonstrate BGCA mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Self-starter with dedication to detail and organization.
- Ability to manage and organize high volumes of content (photo and video assets).
- Previous video editing experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including; Final Cut pro, After Effects or Premiere
- Experience operating video equipment including cameras and lighting
- Ability to work within a close-knit, small team dynamic
- Ability to work independently and manage communications on all levels
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills
- Interest in youth development, non-profit, content, photography, videography
Currently enrolled as Senior in an undergraduate program or have obtained an undergraduate degree and participant in excellent academic standing in Video Production and film. [Read more]