WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Support of a fast-paced 24/7 365 of the transmission facilities which provides primary network distribution and downlink resources to the news and entertainment divisions of TBS. The support functions include network restoral, troubleshooting, quality control, preventative maintenance, installation, documentation and component level repair of sophisticated equipment utilized in the transmission and reception of content.
As a Communication Transport Engineer, you will be responsible to implement new transport systems, maintain existing transport systems, document systems and procedures to improve production of video or data traffic throughout Turner Broadcasting Systems.
- Participation in an on-call rotation is expected.
- Interface with Telecom Carriers as needed.
- Interface with various engineering groups within TBS and Time Warner Sister companies as required.
This responsibility includes troubleshooting, repair, calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Typically, the Sr. BME handles the more complex and/or mission-critical systems and may provide technical mentoring to BMEs. addition, a Senior Compression engineer must have the ability to use spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency counters, oscilloscopes’, and volt/ohm meters.
- Maintenance is done to ensure that the TBS customers have uplink and downlink resources available when required and to keep outage time to a minimum.
- Maintenance is imperative to ensure system up-time.
This responsibility includes participation in the planning, installation and integration of new or replacement equipment and systems.
- Also, there could be a requirement to act as lead on smaller projects
This responsibility requires the ability to ensure outgoing, and incoming signals and content are at the highest quality possible by applying best of business practices.
In addition, this responsibility includes quality control of installations equipment and documentation utilized by the terminal gear rooms
This responsibility requires that the BME provide the highest quality of customer service to our primary customers who include Teleport operations, Distribution technology, CNN satellites/SNG, TEN and the TBS networks as well as all users of the OC192
Four Year Technical Degree or 2-year technical degree with equivalent experience
5 to 8-year Compression Engineering experience or equivalent
- Excellent networking/routing protocols UDP, unicast, multicast
- Deep understanding of Video standards related to transport (SD/HDSDI, ASI, IP and other compression formats)
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Visio Mpeg encoding systems
- Cisco, Arris and Harmonic Studio, Network Operations and Digital Television distribution
- IT Data certifications
- Cable TV and IPTV experience
- Remote Monitoring and Control System experience (SNMP based)
- Excellent knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, J2k, multiplexes and conditional access
Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
2018 Best Company for Dads
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.