The role of the Program Chair for Digital Film is to administer the designated program on a practical day-to-day and strategic long-term basis. All aspects of the program’s operation and success fall under the Program Chair’s purview, including oversight of program faculty,
technology, facilities, retention and student satisfaction. The Program Chair for Digital Film reports to the Director of Education and supervises the instructional staff for the designated degree and diploma program(s).
The Program Chair for Digital Film Duties and Accountabilities:
- Work closely with Department of Academic and Student Services (DASS) and Director of Education to ensure assigned academic programs are fully aligned with institution-wide goals, strategic direction, priorities, policies, and regulatory bodies
- Teach assigned courses and fill in for other teachers as necessary
- Recruit, train, support, supervise, and evaluate instructional faculty in program
- Ensure that program academic objectives are consistently met
- Establish teaching assignments for program and provide schedules to the Director of Education for approval
- Continually enhance program academic curricula for program by monitoring and reviewing the quality and consistency of education for students within the guidelines established by the DASS office
- Establish and maintain communications with the industry and the academic community to promote the SAE programs and services and to build strategic partnerships
- Support, monitor, evaluate, and refine the educational process to ensure optimal delivery of approved curricula and an excellent student experience
- Actively lead and manage the program faculty, provide direction, evaluate success and coach to improve performance.
- Participate in budget development and implementation for program
- Remain current with technology, industry trends, and educational techniques
- Actively promote SAE on campus and in the community, taking part in open
- houses, graduation, and other events
- Coordinate and evaluate academic advising and support of students, identifying high risk students using student database and learning management system
- Identify and implement strategies to improve program student retention
- Implement company approved standard curriculum in all program courses
- Identify needed resources, recommend additions to the school’s holdings, and ensure academic integration with the Learning Resource Center
- Oversee inventory and distribution of supplies
- Advise students regarding academic program and industry expectations
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Education and/or Campus Director
Program Chair for Digital Film Key Relationships:
- I. Director of Education
- II. SAE USA Department of Academic and Student Services
- III. Local staff
- IV. Students, graduates and prospective students
Program Chair for Digital Film Key Result Areas:
4-8 objectives with associated activities and KPIs (which can then align with the performance plan) that the incumbent is accountable for.
- Maintain the highest standards for quality learning and student success
- Lead the instructor team and staff
- Student Engagement and Success
- Ensure staff are qualified per SAE policy and trained to provide program instruction and achieve learning outcomes
- Collaborate with the Director of Education to provide a quality learning environment
- Working with the Director of Education and Department of Academic and Student
- Success, to ensure regulatory compliance related to State Licensing Department, Accreditation, and the Department of Education
- Keep accurate records, submit reports on time, and enforce college policies and procedures Collaborate with Student
- Services and Career Services to review student progress
- Actively manage, and provide direction, evaluate success, and coach to improve instructor performance
- Promote Student Engagement and Success
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure 100% of instructors are qualified and credentialed to lead courses
- Class schedule is created on time for each term and keeps within budget
- Graduate and Student Satisfaction surveys indicate students are satisfied with instructional methods, faculty and administration
- Achieve a minimum program retention rate of 70% or as assigned
- Achieve a minimum attendance rate as assigned
- Hold formal faculty meetings no less than monthly
- Complete a faculty development plan for each instructor annually
- Ensure 2 faculty observations are completed for each faculty member per year
- Ensure faculty complete development as determined in faculty development plan
- Achieve an average minimum course retention rate of 70% or higher in the school
- Achieve an average minimum course attendance average rate of 70% or higher
Program Chair for Digital Film Qualifications:
- A master’s degree is required for schools offering an associate or bachelor’s; Exceptional professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree with approval from National Dean.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as a teacher and/or academic administrator.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Expert knowledge of subject matter taught in program area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere in a diverse community.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and critical thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to work independently/without constant supervision and to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of common office software (eg: Microsoft Office Suite) with the ability complete administrative functions (reports, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
Program Chair for Digital Film additional information:
Sitting for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of
paper, occasional lifting of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files,
stacks of paper, reference and other materials. Moving from place to place within the
organization, minimal reaching for items above and below desk level. Strength,
dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for
Job Type: Full-time
- teacher and/or academic administrator: 3 years (Required)
- related: 4 years (Required)