Photojournalist – Meredith Corporation – Atlanta, GA
Company: Meredith Corporation
Location: Atlanta, GA
WGCL-TV, a Meredith Corporation station, is in search of a highly-qualified, motivated candidate for our Photojournalist. This role is responsible for capturing the visuals of news stories and editing . Work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media. This role may also include the operation of the station’s SNG and ENG trucks. A link to view work samples is required for consideration.
II. Essential Job Functions | Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
60% Function as staff photographer; shoots and edits video of daily general assignments and spot news stories.
15% Utilize existing technology to enhance story coverage.
15% Operate ENG and SNG Vehicles and related broadcast equipment.
10% Maintain related technical equipment in working order.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education : Minimum – High School diploma or GED required. Technical or vocational degree or two years of college preferred.
Minimum of three years experience in television news photography preferably in a top 50 market, live ENG microwave truck operations and non linear editing experience. NPPA Workshop and SNG Operations experience is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Good working knowledge of digital broadcast systems operations and broadcast system interconnection.
- Operation of large vehicles and knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Possess good eye-hand coordination.
- Have a valid Driver’s License with excellent driving history. Must have good navigational skills.
- Able to work well under time constraints of news operation and be a good ambassador for the station at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing news environment.
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and accurately while coping with stress, resulting from a variety of circumstances.
% Travel Required (Approximate) : 80-90% local and/or regional travel
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees#LMG#