The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Monday, October 21st, 2019
Company: Savannah College of Art and Design
Location: Atlanta, GA
Savannah College of Art and Design
SCAD Atlanta seeks a part-time performing arts professor to join a dedicated performing arts department and help students develop skills in a creative environment with emphasis on professional training for careers in film, television and theater.
In this role, you will lead classes in introductory and advanced on-camera acting, audition techniques for film and television, and more.
One of the fastest growing cities in the U.S., Atlanta provides professionals an ideal environment to live, work and play. Located in the heart of Midtown, SCAD Atlanta is home to a dynamic cultural landscape that includes theaters, museums, fine art galleries, bustling shops and countless green spaces, including Piedmont Park and Atlanta’s famed BeltLine. The capital of the new South, Atlanta provides both Southern charm and the ebb and flow of an alpha city.
The Emmy-award winning SCAD performing arts program ranks in The Hollywood Reporter’s “Top 25 Undergraduate Drama Schools” and “Top 25 Film Schools.”
– Terminal degree or its equivalent in performing arts or related field
– Film/television on-camera credits
– Ability to teach on-camera acting techniques
– Industry experience as actor, director or casting director
– Ability to teach undergraduate students in fundamental performance classes
– Experience teaching acting at all levels is a plus
– SAG/AFTRA membership preferred
– Industry connections preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.