News – Senior Video Producer, Humankind – Gannett – Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There’s never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
If you have the special ability to find and create inspiring video content that gives people the goosebumps, makes them ugly cry happy tears, and has them tagging their BFF from grade school, then this job is for you. Humankind is looking for a Senior Producer to create, manage, and expand editorial content for the Humankind, Animalkind, and Militarykind brands for the USA TODAY Network, in addition to other Kind expansion brands.
The Senior Producer will be a strong writer and producer of editorial content for the Kind brands, able to find compelling stories, interview people for video pieces, write emotional and moving text-on-screen scripts, as well as copy edit scripts and review video edits for other team members’ pieces. Editorial experience in the media industry is a must.
This position will work closely with the Executive Producer and other senior managers to identify coverage opportunities to broaden Kind’s footprint across the network and social platforms. Whether it’s the elusive Facebook algorithm, an emerging platform like TikTok or YouTube Stories, the Senior Producer is directing content coverage that fits these social platforms in ways that grow the brands as well as diversifies revenue opportunities.
This role will partner closely with the network’s digital and storytelling leaders to find and optimize the best content for the Kind brands. The Senior Producer will continually seek to innovate and build and expand Humankind brand content offerings across a variety of platforms, this includes developing new ways to drive revenue. You will be responsible for management and performance evaluations of Producers, Producer/Editors and Editors-level KIND staff. This role will be a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, journalists, product teams and members of the sales team. Most of all, this person loves to create positive content and see that content make a difference in the lives of our audiences.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE RESUME, COVER LETTER AND VIDEO AND WRITING WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED. Please combine into one document attachment with application.
- Research, write and produce editorial content for the Kind brands, as well as copy edit scripts and review video edits for other team members’ pieces.
- Manage editorial calendar for the Kind brands (Humankind, Animalkind, and Militarykind).
- Lead story curation from Network and/or nation-wide sources.
- Coordinate daily schedules and tasks for editorial producers and editors in order to maintain a daily publishing schedule that includes on and off platform locations.
- Create and manage connections across the USA TODAY Network of reporters, writers, producers, editors, and digital managers, to coordinate local story pitches and ideas.
- Responsible for tracking USA TODAY and USA TODAY Network performance metrics for on platform, mobile, and app video view reporting on a daily, monthly, and as needed basis.
- Manage team of editorial producers, producer-editors and editor level staff.
- Create content that drives a variety of revenue opportunities from across multiple platforms including on-platform, syndication, and social.
- Handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
- 8 +years of professional experience, including producing experience and 3-5 years of digital news experience. 2-3 years of leadership/management experience.
- Experience producing video content for digital platforms
- Understanding of all digital media platforms and social media
- Experience Producing for Television
- Experience coordinating and planning coverage
- Strong Editorial decision making skills
- Strong leadership, ability to manage employees
- Online Writing and Producing skills
- Understanding of web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, streaming, video editing, and web analytics.
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person, with the community and fellow journalists.
- Works collaboratively with a passionate and highly motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Experience using After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.