WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The CNNE Multiplatform Copy Editor partners with producers, correspondents, anchors, contributors, freelancers, contractors, news desk journalists and writers to ensure journalistic integrity, editorial accuracy, stylistic uniformity, grammatical correctness and great storytelling in all CNN en Español platforms.
Provide editorial and linguistic advice to talent, show team, and digital staff, demonstrating a strong familiarity with CNN Stylebook and CNN Legal Standards to ensure consistency that increases CNN’s credibility, including factual accuracy, sourcing, balance, libel, tone, context, grammar/spelling/style across all CNNE platforms. This includes graphics for TV, digital and social media platforms and other editorial elements.
- Copy edit and/or write scripts across linear, including anchor, reporter, packages, graphics, segments, and ticker. All graphic content including headlines, banners, fonts.
- Edit copy so scripts are easy to understand, more interesting and more conversational. Drive toward compelling, conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up to date; this may entail writing and rewriting anchor copy and reporter packages.
- Copy edit and/or write content across digital including web, social, mobile. Digital content elements include headlines, summaries, articles and report, graphics and social media posting. Must copy edit and write across multiple digital platforms using SEO – including curating and tagging, CMS, WordPress, social media, analytics and a meticulous attention to detail. Must be concise, impactful, and appealing in style.
Copy Editor/Writer will work closely with digital content coordinators/writers and reporters to improve digital content, provide coaching that will enhance the editorial quality of our websites and implement ideas to increase online readership based on analytics and marketing trends. Monitor and make corrections to social media postings with an aim for editorial accuracy that will drive growth of our social media presence.
** Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as this role supports a 24/7 business**
Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years full-time news writing or editing in Spanish.
- Ability to handle breaking news under heavy deadline pressure.
- Proven understanding of U.S. Domestic, Hispanic and International issues.
- Must have digital, newspaper, wire service or online writing or copy-editing background.
- Demonstrate editing skills for different platforms (checking language, accuracy, balance, sensitivity).
- Flexibility and highly organized; Ability to adapt to rapid changes in news, can multi-task effectively.
- Familiarity with various newsroom tools for TV and digital, including an understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), CMS (Content Management System), WordPress, social media, analytics and a meticulous attention to detail. – Broadcasting or multimedia experience is a plus.
Native Spanish speaker and Latin American / Spain experience (working, studying, living).
- Bilingual (must be able to translate and edit text from English to Spanish).
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
2018 Best Company forDads
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.