Reel Health is currently looking for Hygiene & Safety Cleaning Crew Supervisor to work in partnership with our Health Safety Team members to help keep our clients in the Film and Television industry safe. At Reel Health, we specialize in Health Safety guidance for production companies (TV, Film, and Commercials) whenever they are working outside their studios and are “On Location.” This position will be based at Film and Television production locations across the Los Angeles area.
Production sites and multi-use spaces require continual disinfecting in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. While personal sanitation practices play a significant role in preventing contamination, more stringent practices are required to keep employees safe. Communal spaces could be at risk for housing COVID-19 and if employees or their family members become ill, it is imperative to continuously use professional sanitation services and disinfection of shared workspaces.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Learn and follow Reel Health Safety Protocols and tools designed to maintain on-set safety, including; sanitation guidelines and proper PPE application.
- Put on (don) and remove (doff) personal protective equipment (PPE) per company protocol (Reel Health training provided)
- Prepare, sterilize, install, assemble, or clean all production locations and equipment.
- Manually cleaning supplies of contaminants, removing waste matter, and operating and maintaining decontamination equipment
- Ensure locations, equipment, supplies, and high touch point surfaces can be reused safely to prevent infections
- Testing and reporting any issues or problems with sterilization equipment
- Monitoring and operating sterilization equipment
- Maintaining records of sterilization procedures, sterilized items, equipment maintenance, and supplies
- Remediation and sanitation of common surfaces and safe disposal of infected materials
- Supervise and coordinate all sanitation activities
- High touchpoint wipe down and deep clean disinfecting
- Adhere to developed cleaning methods and procedures designed to help eliminate operating problems and improve sanitation efficiency
Education and Experience:
- HAZWOPER certification preferred, not required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to learn Reel Health COVID-19 information and protocols once hired (provided by Reel Health)
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage priorities, and work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Able to adapt effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive manner; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on the job
- Good judgment and critical-thinking skills
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Passion for keeping people safe
- Self-starter, highly motivated, follows directions well, and can work with little or no supervision.
- High Integrity
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle fragile equipment
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- May be exposed to communicable illnesses and other occupational dangers
- Must be able to withstand physical and emotional stress.
- Requires long hours of standing and moving
- Be able to wear required PPE for up to 12 hours per shift (face mask, eye protection, medical gloves, gown, safety vest, etc.)
- Be able to work in an outdoor environment (subject to change)
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture