Freelance Videographer/Camera Operator – LionStar Films – Atlanta, GA
Company: LionStar Films
Location: Atlanta, GA
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Videographer/Camera Operator to join our team on a freelance basis. Your pay scale is dependent on how frequently you work, so there is the opportunity for great earning potential!
As a Camera Operator, you will use your technical and artistic skills to realize the creative vision of the director and other stakeholders, including our clients. Your duties are fairly straightforward: meet your production team at the studio to pick up gear, arrive on set, whether it’s in a studio or on location, set up the equipment that will be used, and follow the scripts and instructions from the director/producer. You will work closely with lighting and other technical staff to get the best shots. Since time is of the essence on production days, you must be extremely familiar with the script before shooting begins.
The ideal candidate is reliable and dependable, pays strong attention to detail and can meet strict deadlines. Applicants should be physically able to perform the duties associated with this position (bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, standing, lifting, etc.). Candidates must have excellent hand-eye coordination, hearing, and color vision and must be flexible as to travel and working hours.
- Operates a variety of technical equipment including single and multiple portable, remote-control, and electronic cameras; cranes; and mobile mountings
- Assembles and sets up equipment
- Plans, prepares, and rehearses scenes
- Follows camera scripts
- Creatively frames and captures action
- Responds quickly to directions and works with lighting and technical staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have experience working closely with producers/editorial team to deliver high quality video
- Must have a great attitude and the ability to be in a corporate setting with the client
- Must be able to perform as a “one man band” and/or in a small crew
- Must have a great understanding of multiple cameras (Blackmagic URSA Mini, Canon C100, etc.), lenses, field audio, and shooting in the field as well as knowledge of related camera gear
- Must be able to thrive in high stress situations with deadlines and pressures
- Must display strong attention to detail and the ability to concentrate for long periods
- Must be able to travel between locations and work irregular hours
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift/move equipment and supplies
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination, hearing, and color vision
- Must have a current Demo Reel
- Degree in television, film, photography, media studies, or performing arts is a plus!
- Must be willing to wear “Corporate Attire” for shoots (slacks and collared shirt).
- Flexible Schedule
- Some Travel
- Great Earning Potential