The Tombras Group, a 300+ person, full-service, national advertising agency is seeking a Digital Media Planner to join the Digital Media Team.
You’ll be joining the Ad Age Small Agency of the Year and you’ll work with some of the smartest technical directors, data analysts, front-end and back-end developers, social media strategists, digital media buyers, video editors and content developers in America. You’ll also be a part of a highly creative agency that Advertising Age has recognized three times for having the best-liked and most-recalled TV spots in America.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN KNOXVILLE, TN. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE PROVIDED. REMOTE/TELECOMMUTE IS NOT IS AN OPTION FOR THIS ROLE.
The Digital Media Planner is responsible for executing all day-to-day digital media planning, buying and campaign management associated with assigned accounts. The Digital Media Planner provides media planning recommendations and offers resourceful problem-solving, both internally and externally, while maintaining successful vendor, client and cross-department relationships. S/he prepares media plans and other deliverables, and executes media plan implementation.
- Develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale
- Develop and execute media plans
- Manage buy stewardship, analyze campaigns, and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance
- Assist in analysis of research to develop strategies and tactics
- Work with analytics, trafficking, ad-serving, and finance departments as part of the media management process
- Manage day-to-day plan changes and maintenance of media plans
- Respond to competitive requests
- Research and compile competitive data
- Oversee and train junior staff to develop core competencies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as with those outside the team
- 2+ years of agency experience specific to digital media planning/buying
- Experience with DFA or other ad server required
- Advanced knowledge of digital media including Mobile, Video, Programmatic, OTT, etc
- Cursory knowledge of all aspects of Digital Media, including Search, Social, SEO, etc.
- Basic understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills
- MediaTools/Workhorse knowledge preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Strong communication, project management and time management skills
- BA/BS Marketing or equivalent work experience
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.
Job Type: Full-time