Digital Content Manager – Cox Media Group – Atlanta, GA
Company: Cox Media Group
Address: Atlanta, GA
Cox Media Group
The Digital Content Manager assumes broad responsibility for overseeing all digital media content for Cox Media Group’s 4 Atlanta radio stations including News/Talk powerhouse WSB. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker with a solid understanding of digital content and distribution coupled with sound news judgement. The Digital Content Manager works closely with the sales department, Promotion Director and station Brand Managers to build strategy for achieving short and long-term goals.
Job Responsibilities (Major responsibilities of the job):
- Oversees all aspects of digital media activities and content for Atlanta radio
- Leads and manages a team of consisting of videographer, graphic designer, and digital content producers
- Builds and executes short and long-term strategies to maximize individual station engagement
- Directs and monitors online activities of all digital platforms
- Ensures that each brand’s social media presence reflects its target, consistent with style and brand guidelines
- Coaches air talent and web producers on digital content best practices
- Reports data to upper level management team in weekly and monthly reports
- Continually measures and studies effectiveness of strategies across platforms
- Stays abreast of developments in digital content creation and distribution recommending implementation as appropriate
- Manages online and social media guidelines processes and procedures
- Works closely with programming, promotions, news and sales to drive ratings and revenue
- Continually monitoring local and national news media organizations, including social influencers
- Oversee and coordinate brand and client video requests with sales, promotions, and programming leadership
- 2 years managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Ability to implement content strategies, with proven results to share.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet changing priority deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with impeccable grammar and spelling.
- Effectively communicate with peers, advertisers and consumers.
- Must be available to monitor content/digital/social media past normal business hours.
- Understand and adapt to the target demographics of multiple brands.
- Manage and develop timelines for self and team.
- Ability to understand business drivers to help shape digital strategies and product goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant or equivalent discipline.
- Experience using Google Analytics 360, Omniture or similar analytics tools.
- Solid analytical skills, experience with social media and digital metrics.
- Knowledge of broadcast & journalism experience a plus but not required.
- Experience leading and developing a team of content creators.
- Previous editing experience in a newsroom.
- Previous broadcast experience.
- Understanding of video editing and best practices.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.