WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Content Transmission Specialist I primary tasks are to provide transmission services across News, Sports and Entertainment. This position requires a willingness to learn and a basic knowledge of Broadcast Television, various transmission formats over satellite, fiber and IP, related transmit and receive equipment, WarnerMedia engineering infrastructure, transmission services and associated internal clients, and vendor services. Build a working knowledge or an Understanding of the fulltime and occasional use receive and transmit infrastructure that connects WarnerMedia, CNN bureaus and affiliates, vendors, and remote locations used for planned events and breaking news is required. This position requires a flexible working shift to include days, nights, weekends and overnights. Will be expected to work during breaking news emergency situations. A Content Transmission Specialist will spend a minimum of a year or more training extensively on satellite technology, computer systems used at Warner Media while following department procedures and becoming well equipped to service our clients.
Work closely with key customers, vendors, engineering and operations on the planning, oversight, execution, troubleshooting, and budgeting of transmissions across the group.
- Manage and track accurate cost accruals and billing to customers, working closely with Business Administration.
- Ability to work across Warner Media teams
Learn to become fully proficient in the current and future Scheduling System(s) used for provisioning transmissions, cost accruals and billing.
- Build a working knowledge of all technical internal and external systems used to deliver transmission services.
- Document technical information in the daily operations to provision and execute transmissions.
- Work well under pressure, be able to multitask, be extremely detail oriented, have great organization skills, communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service to our customers.
- Position requires a broad knowledge of television production and engineering abilities, procedures and equipment used.
Prefer college degree with newsroom or industry related experience.
Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
2018 Best Company for Dads
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.