The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Company: Brain Food Industries
Location: Marietta, GA
Brain Food Industries
Brain Food Industries/Alton Brown is searching for a Content Manager to join our culinary team and help take our website and social media channels to the next level. This individual will both curate existing content and, alongside the culinary developer and head researcher, drive the creation of new stories, recipes, videos, and more — all through the lens of the Good Eats brand. The ideal candidate is passionate about food and cooking, excels at shaping original content, and has the creativity to bring these traits together in a fast-paced environment.
This position is perfect for a digital media professional, editor, or journalist looking to learn about culinary television and recipe development. It would also be a great opportunity for an individual working at a large culinary publication to spread their wings in a small, creative environment. This individual will be a key player in the success of the organization’s strategy and will join a high energy, dynamic environment with creative and experienced professionals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Take the lead in content creation for our newly redesigned website. Work closely with the head of research and the culinary developer to create and execute a content strategy across the site and social media channels.
– Curate, edit, and reimagine archival recipes, videos, and blog posts for redistribution.
– Drive the generation of innovative and original new content, both written and visual. Liaise with photographers, videographers, and the recipe development team to execute new content projects and ensure brand consistency.
– Optimize all content according to SEO best practices, and keep a close eye on web and social metrics to drive content strategy.
– Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
– Develop social media plan with CEO to grow engagement on all channels, especially Instagram and YouTube.
– Enthusiasm for food and learning the how’s and why’s of cooking.
– Excellent writing and editing skills.
– At least 2+ years proven experience in a content manager role or as a digital editor, preferably with a focus on food and cooking.
– Proficiency in content management systems, such as WordPress, as well as social media management tools, such as HootSuite.
– Strong understanding of digital and social media and awareness of online content in the food and cooking space.
– Understanding of basic HTML
– Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is a big plus.
– Extremely attentive to detail, with the ability to own projects with minimal supervision.
– High degree of flexibility, positivity, and collaborative and organizational skills.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment and switch quickly between different tasks.
– Funny, creative, and in tune to what makes followers “tick.”
It is the policy of Brain Food Industries to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Brain Foods Industries will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: