Content Coordinator – Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – Atlanta, GA
Company: Woodruff Arts Center
Location: Atlanta, GA
Woodruff Arts Center
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra is seeking a full-time Content Coordinator to join our growing Marketing team and assist with content ideation and creation, increasing brand awareness, and communicating the ASO’s purpose and ethos through consistent messaging and compelling storytelling.
Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm with some nights and weekends as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate is…
- An excellent copywriter with the ability to speak to audiences who enjoy a variety of music genres from classical to rock, country, folk, etc.
- A highly skilled graphics designer, able to take direction on creative campaigns and execute quickly via Adobe Creative Suite.
- Develop day-to-day content across multiple platforms (including, but not limited to social media, digital and traditional advertising, website, internal signage, email marketing, sales collateral, internal newsletters) with a focus on maintaining brand voice and increasing audience engagement.
- Ready to take the lead on the ASO’s email marketing campaigns with creativity and a focus on accuracy and detail.
- Support web team as needed with content.
- Maintain video and graphic assets for web and social media via content management systems. Support web team as needed with content.
- Desire to learn, grow and stay up to date on latest marketing trends.
- Must be able to work quickly under pressure, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Adhere to deadlines, plans, budgets and workflows.
- Attend performances throughout the season to support promotional efforts, work with photographer or videographer, other support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years marketing experience, including copywriting and graphic design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, graphic design or relevant field. An interest in music or the arts a bonus.
- Must be an expert storyteller, with the ability to translate the brand into captivating stories that consistently resonate with an audience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced Proficiency in Powerpoint, able to create visually appealing and content specific presentations for a range of audiences, including the Musicians, Board of Directors, donors and foundations, community partners, etc.
- Experience creating content for social media channels, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, Blogs.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with content and digital asset management systems.
- Experience with MailChimp, Ticketmaster and/or Tessitura a plus.
- Photography and video editing skills are a preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (10 lbs) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To find out more about the Grammy Award-Winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, visit aso.org. Interested candidates should submit their resume with a cover letter that includes why you are the ideal candidate to join our team.