Audio, Graphics and Video Playback
Company: Weather Group Television LLC
Location: Atlanta, GA
Weather Group Television LLC
This position within the Broadcast Operations & Engineering department is expected to operate each of the following roles – Audio, Graphics and Video Playback during a specific day-part in a live and / or taped production control setting.
Assignments will include performing any of the above jobs in alternating roles during the course of a shift or work week. Accept new assignments and technological challenges as required to support future company initiatives and an ever-changing dynamic broadcasting/video production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with directors and producers to ensure all Vizrt graphic elements are ready for air: correct spelling, functionality, format, and concept.
- Pre-show, use the newsroom system to review all graphics to confirm accuracy related to Vizrt graphics elements.
- Coordinate with producer before each show on graphic needs, i.e. missing or incorrect Vizrt elements
- Communicate with director on channel assignments and designate output engines within ACTIVE Content Pilot playlist.
- Keep crew informed on the availability of each Vizrt element. Producer & director must be notified of any spelling, functionality, or format errors related to individual graphic elements.
- Coordinate with Director / TD about Dreamcatcher assets (fill/key wipes and monitor fills) during the show
- Work with the Design team to ensure all required show assets in Dreamcatcher are properly loaded and compatible.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Design Group to test new Vizrt templates
- Reports show problems, equipment issues, and discrepancies via Director’s Show Report and Engineering equipment report.
- Mix studio and location audio for live to air and taped production.
- Assure proper mixing technique of all audio sources.
- Assure all equipment is operating properly before every show.
- Provide mix-minus feed to location talent and program mix to in-house talent.
- Assure best possible audio quality is making air or recorded for productions. Use phase control, EQ, compression to improve audio quality when required.
- Work with Producers, Directors via show rundown to confirm all required audio sources live shows and or productions.
- Operate various audio related equipment, LAWO audio console, ENCO music player, Evertz router, and other related equipment as needed.
- Attend all pre-show and post-show meetings with Directors and Producers.
- Read and mark rundowns to execute show elements as needed.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot audio issues.
- Replace mic and IFB batteries.
- Other operational duties as assigned
- Reports show problems to Director for the Director Show Report.
- Report equipment problems via trouble ticket submission and directly with Engineering.
Video Playback Operation
- Be proficient with DALET Playback module.
- Demonstrate ability to control and manipulate the module to meet playback controls during live shows.
- Be familiar with how to BROWSE / Search video and know how to insert video into a rundown.
- Know how to find and prepare clips to be played manually, outside of the rundown.
- Responsible for communicating and / or confirming the channel assignments for each clip
- Responsible for cueing and playing clips per the Director’s call.
- Must be able to control ORAD monitor controller to feed specific graphics to monitors.
- Must be able to create, modify and recall ORAD monitor layout presets during live shows.
- Must be familiar with graphics database and be proficient with search and recall of monitor graphics.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Communications or Business preferred) or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a live television environment. .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong desire to continually increase technical and operational proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a multitasking environment.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willing to work in a team environment on an as needed basis.
- Will be required to wear a headset and listen to multiple audio sources during the on-air show.
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications, Google software applications and other software used by Production Operations team.
- Will be required to work a rotating schedule with non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
- Will be required to sit in a chair from 2 – 4 hours at a time.
- Will be required to type on a keyboard for a period of 2 – 3 hours.
- Will be required to look at a computer monitor and other monitors for a period of 2 – 3 hours. Some monitors could be as close as 2 ft and as far as 12 ft away.
- Must be able to work in dark environment for 3 – 4 hours while performing any of the required job functions.
- May be required to lift lighting fixtures, move scenery or other equipment. The weight may range from 20-100 lbs.
Apply to Audio, Graphics and Video Playback