Associate Producer (Temporary) – Turner – Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Temporary Associate Producer for CNN’s Documentary Unit works closely with unit producers to execute documentary projects – from inception to completion.
- Heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production.
- The AP is responsible for locating, procuring, and managing internal and external video and assets.
- The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly.
- The AP works closely with editors during post production, left-siding scripts, providing media, anticipating and responding to requests, organizing footage and tracking sources of material for licensing.
- The AP occasionally works in the field to produce interviews and to supervise b-roll shoots.
- 2-3 years of experience in TV/news/digital production. Long form documentary experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with CNN databases such as MediaSource, MIRA, and the CNN Library is very helpful.
- Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is very helpful.
- Some field producing experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong research skills.
- Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.