3D Character Lighting Artist (Project-Based) – Primal Screen – Atlanta, GA
Company: Primal Screen
Location: Atlanta, GA
Primal Screen is an award-winning design, animation and experience studio located in Atlanta’s Old Fourth Ward. Bringing great things to screens since 1995, we are home to a talented group of designers, animators and developers who create delightful content for our clients in the film, broadcast, online, education, environmental and gaming industries.
Primal Screen is seeking 3D Character Lighting Artists with 2+ years professional experience for an unnamed animated broadcast special. These artists will be responsible for lighting and rendering characters to meet the vision of the directors and lead lighting artist.
This is a project-based opportunity at Primal Screen’s studio in Atlanta. No relocation provided.
- Professional animation production experience
- Understanding of the entire animation process
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya
- Excellent eye for color theory, light, form, rendering, polygonal modeling and texture UV
- Ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple media
- Familiarity with various render elements, such as mattes, velocity, and depth
- Strong communication, documentation and team-relationship skills
- Ability to solve problems alone and in team environment
- Autodesk Maya
To be considered, you must:
- Include your resume, demo reel/portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application
- Your demo reel and breakdown should include lighting to be considered
Must be local to Atlanta (no relocation provided)
Temporary/Project-Basis Full Time Employment