Technology Support and AV Technician – Santa Fe Community College – Santa Fe, NM
Company: Santa Fe Community College
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe Community College
Performs technical duties related to the management and maintenance of the audio-visual inventory. Must be committed to serving a diverse college community. Actively participates in and contributes to continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years’ experience in the use and support of audio visual equipment, sound systems, and video conferencing technologies.
- Equivalent related experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of experience in the use and support of multimedia equipment to aid instruction, meetings, and presentations.
- Experience with a variety of audio-visual equipment including TV/VCR’s, DVD players/recorders, Smart Boards, document cameras, digital camcorders, projectors, and audio systems.
- Experience in streaming media, audio/video creation and editing (both Windows and Apple environments).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of technical, multimedia and production principles involved in audio, video, computer, computer-related equipment, systems and software.
- Knowledge of the set-up, operation, maintenance and repair of a variety of audio, visual, and multimedia equipment.
- Knowledge of PC and Macintosh platforms.
- Knowledge of current trends in the audio-visual field.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new products, processes and technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with faculty, administration, staff and students.
- Technical Capacity and initiative.
- Strong customer service and client focus.
- Problem solving and technical analysis skills.
- Organization skills and ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Commitment to privacy, security, and confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Macintosh operating systems.
- Knowledge and skills in troubleshooting and configuration of computer hardware, printers, projectors, software installation, system maintenance, and operations.
- Basic knowledge of networking principles.
- Skills in utilizing and deploying Microsoft Office and Adobe productivity productions.
- Knowledge of related ITIL V3 principles and practices.
- Skills with Active Directory object management and group policy.
- Skills in working with SCCM and other client management tools.
- Ability to collaborate with Office of Information technology, as well as the general campus with courtesy, tact, and good judgement.
- Knowledge of AV system integration products, such as Extron and Crestron.
Posting Date 01/21/2020 Closing Date 02/03/2020 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are disqualified in the first level of review if they do not meet all Minimum Qualifications listed in this job posting. (Years of experience are calculated based upon numbers of hours worked per week. Example: 2 years of experience working 20 hours per week equals 1 year of experience.)
Relevant experience pertains to Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities described in this job posting.
ASSUMPTIONS ARE NOT MADE at any level of SFCC’s Hiring Process if information presented in the application material does not clearly address the Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. Number of pages of application material will not negatively/positively affect your application, however, LACK OF DETAIL may.
As Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) neighbors ancient Pueblo lands, and is a Sanctuary campus in a Sanctuary city, SFCC is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified and richly diverse faculty and staff. Our students need a community to teach and support them and that represents their diversity. SFCC strives to make our campus a place of safety, inclusion and equity where all individuals from all diverse backgrounds feel welcomed, nurtured and valued.
At the heart of SFCC’s mission – Empower Students, Strengthen Community. Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad – is a commitment and promise that higher education and opportunity should be open to everyone in our community and to fostering a climate where students can be who they want to be. A place where all within our community belong. A place where you are seen, a place where you are valued, a place where you are respected, a place where you are appreciated. Come join our community!
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in campus buildings. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, and machinery with moving parts.
- Provide technical support to the SFCC Community remotely, over the phone, via email, or in person.
- Provide technical support for services, software, and technologies identified in the OIT Service Catalog.
- Primary duties include the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of campus classroom and office hardware and software packages. Position also provides primary support for campus audio visual equipment and OIT support required for campus events.
- Assists and trains faculty, staff and student in the use of audio-visual facilities.
- Installs, manages and maintains classroom multimedia technology and other instructional technology such as, but not limited to Extron controllers, smart boards, LCD projectors, computers, speaker system, flat panel TVs and lecterns.
- Document, track and monitor customers’ requests in the OIT ticketing system. Provide follow up to customers’ requests to ensure proper response and satisfactory resolution.
- Coordinate with other OIT team members and departments to resolve customer problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems to satisfy tickets, work orders, and incidents. Complete necessary research and on the job training to resolve tickets, work orders, and incidents in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurately record, update, and document customers’ requests desk ticketing system with accuracy and proficiency.
- Correctly escalate unresolved tickets, incidents and work orders to appropriate OIT team members.
- Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify customer issues.
- Assist in the development of technical documentation and knowledge base articles effective in quickly addressing customers’ problems.
- Maintain and update hardware and software inventory utilizing OIT standard practices.
- Maintain, support, and monitor servers and software related to classroom functionality.
- Educate customers on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of technical problems.
- Discuss technical issues with customers in non-technical and comprehensible terms, while maintaining a customer service focus.
- Operate, support, and work with equipment, such as smartboards, AV system integration products, projectors, computers, thin clients, servers, printers, tablets, phones, and other devices.
- Support and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Complete OIT related support for large events, such as conferences, graduations, and departmental meetings.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of new technology related processes and documentation.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new and replacement technologies.
- Develop and test device image standards, including OIT Security and configuration standards and customer requirements.
- Attend educational programs, workshops, and seminars to learn new developments in the IT industry.
- Repair or Replace non-functional hardware.
- Perform new initiatives, Change Management, and project duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Unofficial Transcript 1