She-ol-o-gie Content Editor-Part Time – Calvary Albuquerque Inc – Albuquerque, NM
Company: Calvary Albuquerque Inc
Address: Albuquerque, NM
Calvary Albuquerque Inc
PURPOSE: The Content Editor researches, creates, and writes material for She-ol-o-gie and Reload Love. The duties include but are not limited to: researching and generating new writings from Executive Director, Lenya Heitzig, messages to form devotionals; promotional items for on-air broadcast use, magazine articles, and internet copy. Responsible for all aspects of Lenya’s content, which include development, production, presentation, evaluation and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Write various items for Lenya’s products
- Line edit, and copyedit of manuscripts as needed
- Create, proofread, and publish content used on websites and offline materials
- Write publishing proposals as needed
- Generate ideas for different briefs, develop content guidelines, monitoring traffic figures and web statistics, to meet ED’s best practices
- Style consistency
- Liaison with printing houses ensuring publications are printed on time
- Writes, edits, and proofs books, letters, and other materials as assigned
- Drafting and editing booklets, teachings, and outside articles that pertain to Lenya
- Proof, approve, and activate all web content from Lenya’s messages
- Work closely with ED, communication departments, web, PR, and graphic design
- Transcribe weekly podcast via Youtube transcription with the appropriate edits and image curation.
- Post transcriptions to the website on the appropriate designated schedule as defined by the project.
- Partner with the Podcast Producer to source guest contributors for website content.
- Review and edit guest contributor content to ensure grammatical and formatting consistency.
- Add weekly podcast audio from RSS feed with corresponding transcription onto website.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or Mass Communications
- Excellent drafting skills
- Detail oriented with sensitivity for accuracy
- Keen eye for proof reading and passion for writing
- Excellent grammar
- Good communication skills, both written and orally
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership abilities fostering team building and continuity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to accept direction as needed
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality
- Proficient with Mac or PC systems and programs as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.