KOB-TV Weekend Anchor/Reporter – Hubbard Broadcasting – Albuquerque, NM
Company: Hubbard Broadcasting
Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local, state and national current events.
- Collaborate with the news director to choose stories to broadcast considering audience preferences.
- Meet with the news director, reporters and other news anchors to be briefed on the day’s news.
- Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air.
- Organize the news to present the most interesting pieces first, ensure late-breaking news is added to newscasts.
- Write for station’s website and maintain an active social media presence.
- Make promotional community appearance.
- Provide newsroom leadership and contribute to overall team effort.
- Comply with the moral code of the journalistic profession.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Communication, Speech or related field with 2 years of experience as a television news anchor; or a combination of education and experience to meet the requirements of the position.
- Quick and effective decision making, live ad-libbing and maintaining performance under extreme pressure.
- Highly developed public speaking and interpersonal skills along with exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Professional, consistent on-air appearance and ability to read teleprompter.
- Advanced abilities in critical thinking Broad knowledge of local, national and international affairs (e.g. political, economic, legislative and cultural).
- Comfortable yet professional presence on camera with the ability to improvise in a live on-camera setting
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Available to work on a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
Physical Requirements: Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulare and operate personal computers, telephones and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods. Ability to read, head and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think quickly and to articulate informaiton in clear, concise manner to others. Ability to sit for extended periods. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The company may make reasonable accomodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled