This position is responsible for the on-air accuracy of all programming for the television station, monitoring of other transmitters as well as the handling of program and commercial content, satellite up-linking and video tape recording. May also responsible for driving as well as the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the TV stations’ ENG vehicles.
- Constantly monitor and maintain on air-accuracy of all programs and commercials of television stations and other related transmitters. Insure the timely and accurate switching of all audio and video signals switched through Master Control. Correctly operate all technical equipment used in Master Control.Communicate to maintenance/engineering staff any technical problems with equipment. Share information with the next shift on technical difficulties or unresolved issues with programming or equipment.
- Responsible for the acquisition and distribution (A&D) of programs and commercials for air.
- Operate all A&D equipment with proficiency. Tune and record satellite feeds for news and operations. Operate routers, microwave and satellite receiving equipment. Tune in all live shots for newscasts via microwave and satellite receivers.
- Operate computers to FTP material to and from HBI properties as well as from the public as necessary. Ingest and record programs and commercial content from Pathfire, DG, satellite and beta into the server. Time programs as needed.
- Operate all video equipment with proficiency. Handle playback of all video used during news programming or production sessions accurately and timely-includes loading, cueing, reloading, recuing, playing, recording and or changing any video as requested by director in advance of air time. Record air checks.
- Is prepared for unexpected changes and problems with network and local programming and is ready to respond in a crisis or breaking news.
- Maintain and complete with accuracy all logs and other records related to each Master Control shift.
- Edit playlists through conclusion of shift and into the next shift.
- Serve as communication link between Assignment Desk, Producers and Field Crews, keeping everyone informed as to changes that occur in the show rundowns or problems encountered in the field.
- Seek out ways to expand current skills and abilities; take initiative to learn new tasks, duties, technology and equipment.
- Offer ideas that would enhance or improve the way work is done.
- Previous experience in TV news preferably as a live truck operator, master control and or in engineering. Understand broadcast techniques and language and can demonstrate proficiency in use of equipment, techniques and language.
- High school diploma, on-the-job experience or 4 year degree Solid PC skills required.
- Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected changes calmly. Ability to work well under pressure while multi-tasking to meet tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- Follow directions and instructions well and offer solutions or ideas.
- Strong team player. Work well with others. Foster a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness.
- Must be able to work various hours including nights, weekends, and holidays. Schedules may vary.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Mountains, streams, deserts, ancient ruins, world-class art, varied culture and a crazy-good brew and food scene. That’s the New Mexico life KOB 4 employees enjoy every day. The variety represented in our state drives a news organization that covers a wide range of stories from award-winning investigations and special projects to heart-touching profiles of people and real life issues you won’t find anywhere else. Sound good? Come live in an amazing state and join the KOB 4 team as we proudly “Stand 4 New Mexico”!