EC3 Colorists will report to the Director, EC3. Given the evolution of the Dailies industry, this function has become a much more multi-faceted role that requires cross training in some functions of the Dailies Technician. The Dailies Colorist is responsible for providing dailies services and deliverables to clients of Deluxe Creative Services. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment. In addition, the colorist serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients in challenging situations; accordingly, a professional demeanor and diplomacy are also important.
- Operate Color Correction Tools and related technical facilities as assigned by producer to ensure efficient and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Work with DI Colorists, Image Scientists and creatives to establish a show look.
- Liaise with clients as necessary before and after sessions to ensure customer satisfaction with work performed.
- Personally ensure the technical accuracy and quality of work produced in the transfer session.
- Responsible for data IO activities including, receive and write client media, manage space on local SAN, manage LTO archives, ingest picture via mags, cards, drives, ingest Audio via CF Card, DVD-RAM and drives, checksum MD5s, Aspera / FTP, uploads to PIX, Sample Digital, copy media to iPad, rugged shuttle drives, etc., safe data management best practices at all times.
- Candidates will be required to sync audio to image, via time code, and slide as necessary where no TC match, check levels via audio meter, and QC image and audio and check against camera, sound, and script supervisor reports
- Technician will perform thorough quality control checks noting artifacts, missing frames, missing picture, failed checksums, spot soft focus, exposure problems, check the vector scope and waveform monitor to identify exposure concerns and check against notes from supplied reports
- Content Creation and QC (Avid, FCP, H.264, DVD, Blu Ray, HDSR, and other deliverables)
- Ensure accurate reporting, communicating concerns with above processes to Dailies Producer, log TRTs of incoming footages, submit completion reports, log hours worked and upload and email ALEs, Flex Files, Avid Bins, and NDRs
- Test, configure and install eVue systems in the field.
- Calibrate monitors for internal use and for clients upon request.
- Assist with shipping, receiving and RMAs.
- Assist with all Dailies functions as needed.
- Exposure and cross utilization as a DI Colorist or assist.
- Cross-training on multiple color platforms. If interest and aptitude align, cross utilization as a DI Colorist, which could transition into a full time DI Colorist role.
- Prior experience with color correction on commercials, television and or feature films required.
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and contribute to the development of a new department.
- Ability to work independently and remain calm in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills a MUST.
- Proficient understanding of dailies deliverables and workflow
- Experience with waveform monitor, vector scope, and audio meter
- Working knowledge of Editorial files – avid bin, Flex Files, ALEs, NDRs
- Understands how to read camera reports, sound reports
- PC, Linux, and Mac Office Tools and file transfer tools
- OSD, Resolve, MTI, Redcine-X, Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Codex VFS Configuration
- Experience with USB, Firewire, eSata, Codex, S two, Sony F65 mag handling, card reader, audio SD card, Alexa SxS card, and RED memory card
- Understanding of Archive procedures with LTO, TAR, and BRU
- Familiarity with PIX, Sample Digital
- Familiarity with imaging concepts, and other related trouble shooting methodologies.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have the people skills to interact with clients
- Able to work with in house production staff and assist with reasonable requests.
- Maintain a professional attitude with management and clients.
- Effective Organizational Skills
- Strong Multi-Tasking Abilities and priority assessment skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Resolve, Colorfront OSD and EXD a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications.
- A proficient understanding of all tools used in dailies.
- Extensive travel will be required.
The EC3 Colorist schedule will change based on department needs. The candidate must be willing to travel, work in other locations for months at a time, work nights and day shifts.
EC3 is an equal opportunity employer.